Churches play a critical role in our ministry. Join us by participating in the following:
- Prayer Partners: Join our prayer ministry and receive a monthly prayer sheet via email or regular mail highlighting specific prayer requests for First Choice.
- Sanctity of Human Life Sunday: Invite us to speak to your congregation for 5-7 minutes about First Choice and what God is doing in the ministry. Hear a client testimony and if you choose, launch the Baby Bottle Boomerang! It’s a great way for family involvement by asking them to take an empty bottle home, pray for the ministry, fill it with change, and return it to the contact person at church. For more information, contact Elizabeth Michalson.
- Volunteers: Encourage your members to grow in their personal walk by pursuing various volunteer opportunities at First Choice and committing to six months of service on a weekly basis in the area that best fits their gifting, according to center needs.
- Community Outreach: Arrange a small group to complete on-site service projects at one of our five centers in Jersey City, Montclair, Morristown, Newark or Plainfield to accomplish mailings, painting, distributing flyers, or organizing our baby boutique.
- Showers of Love: Host a baby shower to stock our baby boutiques for moms participating in the Earn While You Learn Parenting Program. These lessons help break cycles of neglect and abuse, and as a result, moms learn how to bond and care for their infants.
- Star of Bethlehem: Help us celebrate the gift of life as moms who have chosen to carry this year receive a gift purchased specifically for them and their baby by members of your congregation.
Contact Elizabeth for more information.